Mediation Skills for Leaders
2 Day Course | $550
Managers, supervisors, elders and community leaders will all face times when they are called to step in and address conflict. Take your leadership development to the next level by learning to be proactive and effective in dealing with conflict. This intensive workshop provides leaders with frameworks and skills to facilitate a mediation session between two people with whom they have a relationship and where there is a vested interest in the outcome.
Please note that this is a required course for?the Conflict Management Skills and Leadership Development certificates.
Participants attending this workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Explore how to maintain the role of a fair, third-party mediator when they are one of the stakeholders in the dispute and/or they have relationships with the parties involved
- Consider some of the unique challenges of mediating with parties with whom they have personal history, to whom they may need to provide ongoing feedback and/or performance management, and when they – as a leader – may also need to acknowledge their own contribution to the tensions between the parties
- Learn the practical stages and steps involved in settling up an “insider” mediation as well as how to actually lead the face-to-face conversation between two conflicted parties
- Learn how to coach both parties to consider and accept their contribution to the conflict, and facilitate the acknowledgement of these to each other
- Examine the role and conflict management style in responding to conflict between others
Select your dates below:
Back to Course List